Monday, May 03, 2010

Birthday Celebrations

I had the opportunity to make some cards with Angela this weekend, and I needed to make a card for my father's birthday.

Two birds, one stone.

This is the end result of 3 hours on the road, 2 beers and a couple hours of stamping fun:

Pretty nice, huh? Hindsight being 20/20, I think I would have tilted the kraft cardstock layer in the other direction to balance the angle that that stamped 'celebrate' image is tilted.

Still love it though. It was my first time sewing, and it turned out pretty well for a first try. Woohoo!

Here's a close up of the layers:


I had a blast creating this card. Will probably have to make a few more using this design.

Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Taken with Teal, Very Vanilla (SU)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU)
Stamp: 'Celebrate' (SU)

1 comment:

Angela said...

You did it!! The picture looks JUST LIKE THE CARD! Woohoo! Whatever you did, that is exactly what you have to do whenever you take pics from now on. Love it! Also, funny story, but looking at the picture I thought about tilting the kraft layer differently too...but on Friday night it looked perfect. Maybe our perception was being affected by the beers? Hahahahahaha! Thanks for the crafty good times xo