Monday, January 24, 2011

Jewel Tones

I'm really excited about today's card. It is the card that I made for the Jewel Tones Color Challenge for Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week in the Moxie Fab World. I have really enjoyed playing along with this challenge and today's card marks the half-way point. If you haven't checked out this challenge yet, click on the above link to take a look.

Here is the colour combo that we are supposed to use as our inspiration for the Jewel Tones challenge:


So pretty. So inspiring. I love it.

Now, here's a look at the card I made:


I love the way the light hits the rhinestones, adding another special 'jewel' element to the card. And the little birds in the Unity Stamp Co. stamp are so cute.

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Oh, Marn, I love this one!! Love how you echoed the dots from the main panel on the yellow paper, the rounded corners, the layers and that stinking cute image and saying. Love, love, love!! Way to go!! Will I be seeing anymore challenges before the month ends??

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Marnie! Thanks for entering the Jewel Tones Challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)