Sunday, February 27, 2011

Baby Fever

There has been a plethora of pregnancies over the past year at work.

Several weeks ago we had a work baby shower for a friend of mine. I knew that this occasion called for a great card, and I had just the thing in mind. A while ago I saw a card created by a fellow crafter and couldn't wait to duplicate it for the shower gift. (I lost the link, sorry).

I had a Unity stamp that I knew would be perfect (such cute little baby animals) and I knew that the baby was a boy, so I could tailor the colours accordingly.

Here's a look at the finished product:


A cute little card... A cute little card that earned me a commission :)

Another baby shower was being held at work the following week, and they needed a card for everyone to sign... and I had one night to make it. Challenge accepted! The gender of this child is unknown, so I got to mix it up a bit.

Stuck with the same Unity stamps as above for the main image and sentiment, and used some retired SU! stamps to create my own patterned paper. I ran some cardstock through my Cuttlebug with an embossing folder, added a few buttons, and here's the finished product:


Since it is such a bright, cheery, happy little card, I think that I can also use this as my submission for the HCCC for February. I really like the way it turned out. I get a little smile on my face every time I look at it.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Oh my word! Marnie, you are on a mojo roll! These cards are fabulous! We too are in the midst of a baby bonanza and I may just have to 'borrow' one of these ideas because these cards are FABULOUS!! I love the colours you used on the first card (details, please?) and the embossed panel, homemade patterned paper and the way you arranged those cutie-patootie little animals across the front just rocks. I, too, will be coming back just to stare and soak in the gorgeousness of these cards. Triple-quadruple love!!
And way to take on February's challenge - super sweet and cheery and I bet it will put a huge smile on the recipients face!
(Also, very sneaky of you to set this up to post while you were gone! I didn't even check it till now...just think 4 days that I could've been enjoying those babies. Sigh. I always miss out on the good stuff!)