Sunday, September 11, 2011

Asian Influence

I'm really pleased with how this card turned out.  It is a birthday card that I made for my Sister-In-Law's birthday.  

I purchased the "Asian by Design" stamp set by Inkadinkado several months ago but hadn't had an opportunity to use it.  I wasn't sure how to get started on the card, so I started looking for inspiration online and found this card.  I really liked the colour combo, so I set to work.  Here's the finished product:


The red branches in the background and the happy birthday sentiment are both heat embossed and really 'pop' on the card stock.  The rhinestones added the perfect finishing touch.

I added a few little extra touches to the inside of the card as well:


Thanks for stopping by :)

2 comments:

michib said...

Absolutely beautiful card Marnie! I love the back ground.

Angela said...

What a beautiful card, Marn! I love how you used the Asian Inspiration stamp to create your own background and the embossing and rhinestones are the perfect touch. Great colour combo too - what a classy card! Love that you finished off the outside too. You are FANTABULOUS!!!XO