Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Autumn in the Air

This month's HCCC was to create a gate-fold card inspired by the Autumn season. 

I was stumped by this challenge at first, and didn't know how to start.  I began looking through my collection of stamps and patterned paper, and eventually came up with this little creation:


The background paper is 'Ominous' from the Haunted Halloween collection by Cosmo Cricket.  The pumpkins are paper-pieced using 'Bonfire' patterned paper by Pink Paislee, and 'Jaw Breakers' paper from the Sugar Rush collection by Basic Grey.  The stems are cut out of kraft cardstock.  The 'thankful' sentiment and pumpkin stamps are from the September 2010 KOM from Unity Stamp Co. - When I am With You.

To finish off the card, I placed four green buttons, tied with some linen thread, randomly around the lower left corner of the central panel. 

Here's a look at what the card looks like when it opens up:


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

michib said...

looks great Marnie! I did actually get one done, just need to photograph it and put in on my blog :)

Angela said...

SHUT UP!!! I love it!! The paper-piecing is awesome, love how you mixed patterns from all those different companies and it all goes together PERFECTLY! I think I've just found the card to CASE for Thanksgiving this year :) You've inspired me to get my butt in gear - keep your eyes peeled for some overdue challenge cards...and October's new challege!