Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tulips & Monsters

Just popping in quickly to share two cards that I made last month for a couple of birthdays.

The first is a birthday card I made for a friend.  I was inspired by this colour combination, and managed to come up with a simple, tulip-y card.  I stamped the background myself, and added some sparkles and rhinestones for a touch of elegance.


The second card was for my nephew.  I was inspired by this card.  I paper-pieced the monster together from green and blue cardstock, and added a couple of google-y eyes.  I drew a border around the white cardstock with a green marker, added some bling-y rhinestones in the corners, and voila!  A monster-ific card for a little boy.


Thanks for checking in :)

2 comments:

Angela said...

N-I-C-E!!! Obviously, I love the tulip card :) That background and the subtle sparkle made it pure amazing-ness. And the second card is monstrously fun!! Love every single card you've made with those stamps...I think I need to add that set to my 'must-have' list. Looks incredible with the paper-piecing and the handdrawn border, googly eyes, and two-coloured sentiment finish the card to perfection! You are the awesomest auntie ever :)

michib said...

awesome cards! wow - on the hand stamped background - you rock!! love the monster - too cute! what set is the sentiment from?