Sunday, November 25, 2012

Showers Galore!

It all started with some thank-you cards.

My Sister-in-law asked me to make her some thank-you cards for baby gifts that she had received.  They were postcard style, very simple and cheery.  (Unfortunately I do not have a picture of these cards to share with you.)

I had just finished all of the cards, and they were sitting on my coffee table ready to give to my SIL the next day when I had a couple of friends over to watch a movie that evening.  One friend was so impressed with the cards that she asked if I had any tea themed stamps.  I said yes, and the next thing I knew I had agreed to make some bridal shower invites for her future SIL's bridal shower.  The only stipulations: they had to be pink and tea themed.  Here's a look at the finished product:

The little pink hearts on the tea bag are coloured in with some pink stickles, and the sentiment is embossed in white.  I made a litte pocket on the card so that the family could slip a tea bag inside each before they mailed them out to all the invitees.

The cards were a hit! My friend liked the damask patterned paper so much that she asked me to make some little gift boxes for the shower that were covered in the same patterned paper (sorry again, I don't have a pic of the boxes, but they were A-MAZ-ING!  Inspired by this Martha Stewart design - only pink/white and with a scalloped edge around the top of the box).

No sooner had the invites been sent out in the mail when my friend got a call from her Aunt... and I found myself making shower invites for her cousin's upcoming bridal shower. 

Here's a look at the shower invite which was inspired by the Mojo Monday 233 sketch challenge:


In addition to the invites, her Aunt also asked me to make favour boxes for the shower.  We settled on the 2-5-7-10 box as found on the Splitcoaststampers website.  This time I did manage to get a pic of the final product before I shipped them off:


I hand-stamped the pattern on the white card stock for all of the boxes... that was fun.  :)  Instead of using the ribbon to close the box, I glued velcro under the top flap so that the favour boxes could be easily opened & closed.  Also, you can't really see it but there are lots of pretty sparkles on the butterfly. 

These invites and boxes were also a hit, which lead to even more wedding creations.... but I will save those for a future post. 

Thanks for stopping by!  :)


2 comments:

Angela said...

Shut the front door!!! You are cray-zay and so incredibly amazing! How in the world you managed to create all that is beyond me! LOVE the shower invites - all the little details are incredible! The sparkly little heart, all those layers, the cute flower...so awesome! And did you emboss the sentiment too? It looks so good! I can't even imagine how long it took you to make all those!! And the box is a-ma-zing! I might just have to make those for some little Christmas treats :) Also, great idea with the velcro! Much easier that tying and untying a ribbon each time. The tea cards turned out amazing too. Love how you made the pouch in the front. I think I need to hire you to make all my Christmas cards. How does that sound? :)

michib said...

Amazing work Marnie! Love all the designs - you are one creative girl!