Monday, October 07, 2013

World Card Making Day 2013

Saturday, October 5th, 2013 was World Card Making Day.  Since it has been approximately 6 months since I last made cards, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to break out my supplies and get crafty!  :)  I figured it would be a good way to ease myself into making all of my Christmas cards this year. 

I think I did pretty good for myself.  I made a total of 8 cards at the end of the day.  Different variations on the three designs below:

Card #1: Boy birthday card
I've been wanting to create a card on which I could use some colourful Star Wars stickers (purchased at the dollar store).  I've also been itching to try out the 'chalkboard' technique... two birds, one stone.

Card #2: Scripted birthday card
I made the purple background for this card a few months ago, playing around one day stamping with water.  I've been holding on to it, and decided to use it to make a simple birthday card for my niece.

Card #3: Hoo-hoo-hooray! for birthday(s)
Wanted to create a simple, fun, cheerful card for another niece's birthday.  These owls are the cutest, and the colours are so bright and vibrant.  The googly eyes add a touch of whimsy to complete the card. 

That's all for now.  :)

1 comment:

Angela said...

Hoooo-hoooo-ray!! Love each of these cards. Obviously, your stamping hiatus in no way affected your mad skills because these cards are awesome! Love how the background scripted piece turned out - it looks so nice! And the chalkboard one looks amazing - and so great for guys. I might need to get me some of those Star Wars stickers, the boys would love them! And the sentiment? Freakin' awesome :) And I love, love, love the owl card. I've never used them all together like that and it's so stinkin' cute, are you kidding me? Definitely feeling inspired! So glad you posted here and can't wait to see what else you've been up to. Looking forward to your weekly posts :)